Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Colourful Blackwork Hearts

Pink Yellow Blackwork WIP

After my addiction to colourful blackwork brooch making of the circular variety, I thought I'd break out the hearts. I do love a heart, how can you not?!? And, to my surprise they make for a rather pleasing pattern making shape, worth their tricky making that's for sure. It may look like I have an unhealthy obsession with pins, but the shape does not hold together with the many layers of fabric, I promise!

All Hearts Blackwork WIP

Pattern rough blackwork heart2

Green Blue Blackwork WIP

Pattern rough Blackwork heart

Blackwork hearts scale

Blackwork love token WIP


So far I've only made one of each colour as I'm enjoying experimenting with pattern and colour too much, so I may keep this more of an experimental range. If there is a colour and pattern you like let me know, I'm happy to make things to order. 

4 comments:

  1. These are pretty, delicate, old fashioned yet modern with the pattern upon the heart. I must admit I prefer your round style brooches, they seem to suit me better, as I find hearts or items with heart motifs a bit too romantic for my taste. This is most likely because I am more cynical in nature! Regardless of my spinster cynicism I find these lovely, and any design on a heart shaped brooch would be a well received and appreciated gift for anyone. 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback, Ms. Phoebe, I do love to know what people think! Everyone is different, I too like how the circles work but I must admit to being a romantic in my own way.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope the little one is good :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.