Tuesday, 29 July 2014

A Vintage Themed Wedding Commission



As always, I enjoyed this brief to stitch brooches that were given as gifts at a vintage style wedding. There is something nice about making things special for a wedding. I was asked to make vintage cups for the bridesmaids, an old fashioned hair dryer for the hairdresser, slice of cake for the cake maker and a retro camera for the photographer, all on liberty print.






I've made cup brooches before but not quite as detailed, I really could do a series just on cups, so many pretties to sketch and stitch. Oh dear, I can see the obsession now as the shop fills up with cups as well as birds.

3 comments:

  1. Goegeous set and wonderful commission too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. The couple were pleased.

      Delete
  2. What special gifts for a wedding! I bet all those 'behind the scenes' at the wedding will be thrilled! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.