Monday, 19 August 2013

Kittiwake Birdseeker : Seawigs WIP


I've been having a bit of fun with this one, a Kittiwake destined to be a Seawig, and if you don't know what
the Seawigs are all about then you really are missing out. It's a book by Philip Reeve and illustrated by Sarah McIntyre, called Oliver and the Seawigs. I can't wait to get my mitts on a signed copy at the launch party, which will be wigtastic on Sept 4th at Daunt books. Sarah makes the most fantabulous wigs out of clingfilm, amazing!!! 




I chose a Kittiwake as is a dainty pretty gull, going with the sea theme and added hand stitch feathers for height. He'll be sat in a fluffy curly turquoise blue wig. I'll take more photos of that later. 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work. Nice piece of liberty fabric too- great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Blue Moth, I've had great fun making this one.

      Delete
  2. love this, just found you and now following along! love the stitching on that background x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Jane. You've just reminded me I've not posted a photo of the finished wig with the seaweed. I need to find more excuses to wear the hat!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.