Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Bewick's Swan Birdseeker WIP & A Crafty Read

Bewick's swan birdseeker unframed

I've been working on a few things lately that I've not quite got around to blogging about, so expect a visual array of treats to come your way shortly. Starting with this fella. A Bewick's Swan, also known as a Tundra Swan. They are smaller and chunkier than other swans, to me they look like geese with swan masks on, and I do love a bit of costume! They come to visit us in the UK for the Winter only and individuals can be identified year after year by their beaks, which I love. Slimbridge in Gloucestershire is a popular holiday destination for them. I know, I'm sorry, I can't help but imagine bird migration like 1950's Butlin's type holidays.

Anyway, the fabric is pretty isn't it? I totally adore this colour way of Poppy and daisy Liberty tana Lawn.

Poppy and Daisy Liberty Print

Bewick's swan WIP


What I'm reading... This online taster landed in my inbox, a sample of Crafty Magazine the actual magazine is out at the end of the month. It will have articles from my stitchy faves Mr X and Sarah Corbett the Craftivist, so I'll be looking forward to reading that. Pop the kettle on and have a read (click sample link). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.