Sunday, 26 February 2012

WIP: Birdseeker Puffin


The cheery Puffin has been on my stitch list for a while, especially since watching them on Springwatch or whichever 'watch' it was aired on.  I think Puffins are ace, but I will save my geeky reasoning for when when this little feathered friend is complete. For now just a sneak peek, and a taster of what to expect from the Birdseeker project this year. Did you think maybe I wasn't going to do it? How could I not?

This year is going to be a little bit more relaxed, see i thought it through this time! For personal work the theme/inspiration is amorous birds, you'll find me stitching monogamous birds, even birds that dance for love. Or like Mr Puffin who spends most of the year at sea often alone to return to his nest and his lady. I'll still be stitching custom birds so it won't all be one big love fest, I'm just really fascinated by bird behaviour.



Also, this special friend has been keeping me company, Blackie Blackbird Birdseeker. Had I known that Blackie was going to be so helpful at keeping my threads tidy I would have left my back door open long before now. After an exhausting morning garden worm hunting he seems to like nothing more, although I do have to wipe his beak and toes first mucky pup. He doesn't seem to mind the brooch pin attached it means we don't lose each other when we go out.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.