Monday, 21 November 2011

Ms. Phoebe

 Ms. Phoebe Brooch

Meet Ms. Phoebe! I had the wonderful pleasure of stitching her portrait from a photo not in (kitty) person sadly, onto a brooch she is a blue calico. Liberty name all their fabrics and I was quite excited to find one called 'Phoebe' I hear Pheebs is too she is a cat full of personality, but then who wouldn't want a Liberty fabric namesake.

At first I was a little concerned about the logistics of stitching cats and birds but it turns out the whole 'bird cat thing' is an urban myth, they were sipping tea and eating cake gossiping having a lovely time together... maybe it's a stitching thing.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh I think it shows I enjoyed myself, it was a sweet custom make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just started going through some of your old blog posts and found this! I have gotten so many lovely compliments from people on my baby. And people who know the Queen personally are struck how much your stitching resembles her. They were impressed how well you captured not only her appearance but her tortitude. Thank you so much again, my Phoebe brooch is one of my most prized possessions. <3<3<3 Beth & Ms. Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! Lovely to hear from you and Ms. Phoebe again, so happy that you are both so pleased with stitched Phoebe.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.