Saturday, 29 October 2011

Geometric Drop

Geometric Drop Brooch (tilt)

How naughty am I not blogging for ages! That's what happens when I work on secret squirrel things I get so caught up in them and can't reveal them yet, commissions and such like, sadly no squirrels. This however I managed to finish the other day a quilted brooch idea that has been on the back burner for ages now using my delicious collection of 1920's Czech painted glass buttons. A combination of a few of my favourite things, vintage buttons, printed Liberty fabric, layering, quilting, bold graphic stitch pattern... all in a compact drop/egg shape that just asks to be rotated. I have some grey painted 1920's buttons so I need to come up with a design for those, but yes part of me as always me wants to keep them all for myself!!!

Geometric Drop Brooch 

Geometric Drop Brooch scale


Can't wait to share some of the other things I've been working on, I'm involved with this months Phat Quarter 'Somebody Told Me' stitch swap I've been really enjoying the theme, I'll admit I may have got a little carried away. I don't think that's a bad thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.