Monday, 29 August 2011

Duchess with a heart of gold

Birdseeker : Grey Wagtail Heart of Gold

This Grey Wagtail you may remember was stitched as the May Birdseeker since then I have added the text 'heart of gold' which is a partial lyric but also a well used saying. When not working on commissions I like to use a fragment of lyric that can be found in a few songs, songs can evoke different memories and emotions although I do tend to have one in mind as I stitch. I enjoy the idea that once made others interpret with their own experiences.

Duchess Heart Detail

I really have hunted high and low for wooden vintage Duchess hoops to display some of my embroideries, I fell in love with their simplistic style  an age ago and just had to have some... easier said than done. For me they look contemporary as a frame but remind me of old stitching techniques at the same time. So it hangs by a brass hook on the back or can be hung by a ribbon.

Birdseeker Grey Wagtail : Back detail

August's birdseeker is a young Great Spotted Woodpecker, no photos as yet as I am really behind it's been a super busy month... desperate for it not to be my first birdy fail so some late night stitching could be in order. Wish me luck.


Grey Wagtail & Brambling Birdseeker embroideries are now both in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.