Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Birdsong Revisited

I've been reworking some of my favourite fabric prints as well as working on brand new designs lately. I'm totally addicted to blackwork pattern making and how it sits over and blends the print, that I have revisited some of my earlier birdsong composition brooches and embellished them further. They are 5cm round and all taken form the Liberty Tana Lawn Print 'Birdsong', I love how adding different features changes their personalities... or maybe I spend far too much time with fabric birds!

Pretty Parrot : Brooch
 
Birdsong Brooch : Pink

Birdsong Brooch : Yellow 

Blue Tit Birdsong : Brooch

Kingfisher Birdsong Brooch : crop scale

I'll reveal the brand new designs shortly... I did say I had been busy.


3 comments:

  1. These look fantastic!!

    Designs a great day,
    Janet M. Davies - New Zealand
    http://www.jmddesigns.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are beautiful. As is the wedding cushion! Glad I found your blog through Craft Gossip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind words ladies, and for letting me know I've been on Craft Gossip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.