Thursday, 23 June 2011

Birdseeker: Mute Swan Bookmark

Mute Swan Birdseeker

With so much lovely birdseeker attention these past couple of weeks my little birds have been fluttering their stitched feathers with excitement, they've been quite troublesome to stitch. I have a secret special flock keeping me busy at the moment that will be ready next month, but for now let me introduce the rather charming Master Mute Swan gliding on a Liberty print I've had a long time now. There are a few prints that I have that have that extra special sentimental 'first bought Liberty print spree' and this is one of them, before I tried to remember their names, when I first moved to London. I vividly remember that visit and the stupidly long time it took to choose the fabrics, can't say I'm much quicker these days either it's an intoxicating pattern timewarp as soon as you walk up Liberty's stairs.

Mute Swan Bookmark

Stitched in white with the contrast of the coloured teal eye and burnt orange beak, the text on the reverse of the bookmark matches. This was a commission to join a rather special wordy friendship group, I really love the fact that now they each have words and birds to keep them company. The text is part of a HaiKu poem.

At The River Swans

The book in the photo is an exhibition catalogue from 'Demons,Yarns and Tales' 2008 amazing show where tapestries were made from contemporary artwork. The details were stunning, I always like to get a catalogue if I have the pennies and if I really love a show so that I can hold on to the memories.

Mute Swan and Book Cover

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.