Saturday, 28 May 2011

Scandi Print Sew Hip Button Tutorial

1 Materials for button earrings

Want to know how to make basic fabric covered button earrings in 5 simple steps? Then pop on over to the Sew Hip Blog where I've posted a photo tutorial using the gorgeous screen printed fabric of Lu Summers : Summersville. A basic tutorial to get you started making your own buttons, or any kind of patterned fabric button jewellery, try using treasured off cuts from outfits you've made the options are endless.

Scandi Earrings

If you've not got the time to make your own button jewellery and like yours stitched then you'll be pleased to hear I've some new designs to add to the shops shortly *charges camera batteries*. You can also find more of Lu Summers printed goodies over in her Etsy and Folksy shops, mugs too Lovely!

 Stitched button jewellery

Another GIVEAWAY!!! To illustrate the tutorial I made a pair of plain fabric Scandi print earrings and a stitched Totem print ring both of which are up for grabs if you leave a comment BELOW. Don't forget to leave a contact name of sorts not anonymous please. (plus email or twitter if you don't have a linked blogger account so I can find you if you win). Winner will be picked at random on June 10th. Good Luck!

*** Giveaway now closed***

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes pleeeease! I LOVE your beautiful work, please throw me in the draw!
    And congrats on your feature on the Sew Hip blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet - beautiful fabrics and a lovely tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just found your blog through Summersville, and i must say i just love how you mix embroidery with printed fabrics! it gives me hope/ideas for my every growing pile of bits and pieces of beautiful fabrics i can't bear to part with!

    -katy
    cognitivedissident(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just come across your blog through Lu Summers' blog and your work is lovely, very pretty and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh how exciting - please enter me in this fab giveaway. illbefrancoise@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to be entered please, they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are lovely! I've made fabric-covered buttons, but these prints and the stitching make them extra-special!

    ReplyDelete