Thursday, 26 May 2011

Birdseeker progress : The Goldfinch and the acrobatic Blue Tit

Goldfinch Birdseeker

Oh I'm exaggerating again aren't I? He's not actually doing an acrobatic pose I didn't think of that which is a shame but that's why I love Blue Tits, how and why do they hang in such weird fun acrobatic poses - because it's comfy?? I like to think they are a little like me, being hypermobile my limbs do things they shouldn't really so if I was a bird I'd be a Blue Tit. Which explains why I chose him to keep me company on my sewing box which is finished at last. Please note my treasured ceramic button by Laura Walker, I've had it a while now I found it at the Knitting and Stitching show not knowing what project to use it for now I get to see it every day, perfect!

Blue Tit on a box

Bird stitched tears sewing box

And Goldie? You'll next see him appliqued onto my masked head.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Love what you do with tread. :-) Love birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitching on the blue tit is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, so pleased you found and like the birds, I really enjoy stitching them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.