Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Blossom

Blossom Exhibition

From March 17th - April 9th I'm taking part in an exhibition called Blossom at Aim Gallery, which celebrates and explores how illustration can be used in different ways by animators, illustrators, artists and crafters. The exhibition runs alongside a series of children's educational animation workshops run by the gallery and their work will also be on display which I really like the idea of.

I have contributed a selection of jewellery and two textile bird canvases, the jewellery pieces rework illustrated graphic textile prints where as the bird embroideries I see as drawing with thread. 

Some of the other people in the show are....

Kate Slater (Collage, prints and accessories)

 Goldfinch Bird Brooch - Kate Slater etsy shop

Gareth Davies (Digital illustrations and character designs)

David Hughes (Digital abstracts)

Laura Boswell (Wood block prints)

Andrea Malaskova (Digital illustrations)

Frann Preston-Gannon (Digital Illustrations)

Vida Vega (Illustrations and some prep work that stems from her animations)

Turine Viet-Tu Tran (Digital Illustrations)

Suzie Kent (Illustration and accessories)

Lisa Stubbs (Screen-prints and cards)

 Lisa Stubbs - Cowboy Cat Folksy shop







So if you are in Milton Keynes do pop bye and take a peek at the illustrated goodness to be had.

I promise

I Promise (130 x 130 x 40mm)

2 comments:

  1. I love your birds. Last week I had a try at using birds as a design for my glass and so have been delighted to find your beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I find birds really inspiring such lovely feathered beauties, I'm sure you'll find yourself hooked too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.