Thursday, 31 March 2011

Birdseeker Project : Blue Tit More Work In Progress

Blue Tit Crop

The last day in March I did it! well nearly, well no I didn't did I? I've stitched the majority of young master Blue Tit but the poor fella is legless at this moment in time mainly due to a huge intervention of thought on my part. My initial plan was a canvas piece with text, the idea being that the subtle colours of the body and intricate stitch patterning would blend into the bold larger scale floral print only to be discovered on closer inspection. Where as the solid cross stitch head and (to be stitched) satin stitch leg would stand out in contrast.

Blue Tit Floral

So what's the distraction I hear you ask?? Me, I'm the distraction and my huge new sewing box I was given as my birthday pressie earlier this month. It needs something to keep its plain weave company, I do love it it took me ages to find a nice non garish fabric sewing box but it is so very lonely I'm thinking I'll treat it to Master Blue Tit. It is not like me to change my mind and be frivolous, well treat myself in such a manner, what do we think? Should I carry on with the canvas or make special my sewing box which has fast become a very good friend.

Blue Tit sewing box mock up
Sewing box mock up

Canvas Mock Up
Loose folded canvas for mock up, will have legs and text added

3 comments:

  1. Soooo amazing and beautiful. Love everything about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! he has had a little trim and is currently pinned to my sewing box awaiting pretty legs. I'm going to incorporate the text onto the box too, so the original idea has just spilled out off of the canvas onto my sewing box instead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.