Monday, 28 March 2011

Birdseeker: Blue Tit Work In Progress

Birdseeker: Blue Tit Stitches WIP

Work in progress pictures for you, time is racing away for this months birdseeker and I have started very late. Me being me have had it in my head all month to do a more detailed pattern and stitch a larger scale than usual bird, so I've taken a small bird and made it slightly bigger. I've been at home  feeling slightly under the weather this month and the new visit of Blue Tits, Coal Tits and other tit family birds each day to my garden has made me stupidly happy. I've never had a Blue Tit come to play in my garden before, so much so I think the word may be out on the birdie airwaves that there is a strange lady and if you fly into her garden she will stitch your birdie portrait. So here we have it a celebration of Blue Tits of happiness bringers of springtime. My delightful new friends.

Birdseeker: Blue Tit WIP in sewing box

4 comments:

  1. I love the added texture over the print, will we be able to see this piece when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of this, those stitched patterns are lovely. I do like a good pattern :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cropped in detail - I've enjoyed planning the patterns and layering over such a bold patterned. I'll be posting photos, when the bird is done and once it becomes a final piece, as I usually do with the Birdseeker project really hoping to finish this by the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful work and I agree the pattern is great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.