Monday, 1 November 2010

Stitching My Own Face : More work in progress


Not quite as far along as I hoped to be but I thought it was about time for another quick photo update on the mask project. The quilted layer is now complete, stems all fully embroidered and quilted into the wadding and now I'm working on the birds that I will applique onto to mask. I fully embroider the bird bodies applique them into position then stitch their legs onto the background material. Here is one of the Bluethroats at the completed embroidered stage, ready to be trimmed and attached to the mask. I've used a decorative blackwork stitch for its body. I very much like blackwork stitch patterns and don't use them nearly enough, so I'm using this project as a chance to indulge.





More soon.

1 comment:

  1. The bird is beautiful. You are really talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.