Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Bluethroat : work in progress


So last night I appliqued the little fella onto my mask and have begun stitching his little legs, so excited by his preciousness that I just had to post a photo. They really do seem to come alive at this stage. He is perched on the temple of one side of the mask, it's all quite busy in a pattern sense but the layering of pattern is exactly what I want for this project. I'm stitching a different posed bird for the other side.

For more mask posts look here and here.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, so beautiful and intricate- I love it. Cant wait to see the bird on the other side too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's incredible. I love the busyness of it!

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.