Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Cushion : A twitterpated owl, leaves and acorns


I've been trying to finish those projects that get left to one side when more urgent things come by, delving into my box of unfinished treasures and prized fabric stash always pulls on my heartstrings a little as I never know which way to turn, FOCUS.



I've been meaning to make a cushion for some time, I've had this cushion insert for far too long getting in the way so that was the project to focus on. My curtains are the linen ikea leaves print which I had to chop a bit off the bottom and I wanted the to use a bit of that print to tie in so I've been saving it. Another fabric I've had for a while is the black and buff fine dogtooth weave suit fabric, it has a great woven yellow selvedge 'Novelty Selection'. I love collecting and using woven selvedge graphics so much so I find them difficult to actually use. Then we have Mr Twitterpated Owl who I stitched a long time ago and has been patiently waiting bless him. He is a stitch sampler a play on blackwork stitch using colour and modern pixel clip art graphics and gingham print as a grid.



So we have leaves, owls, gingham, blackwork, woven suit fabric... something was missing... ah my lovely acorn cross-stitch acorn buttons by Magasin who makes lots of other gorgeous cross-stitch goodness. I'll admit to battling with the buttonholes as its a new fancy machine, but thankfully it doesn't show and it's for me so I'll let me off. One more project finished, hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. Nice cushion, would go lovely on my leather sofa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma, I had to stop him (the owl) from flying off he liked the sound of your leather sofa rather than my worn gingham armchair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.