Thursday, 19 August 2010

Peacock Feather Fascinator




I made this for the bird themed wedding I went to last month, teamed with a beaded peacock jacket, cornflower blue jersey maxi dress and a teasemade Feather Dove pendant, which uses the same 'Caesar' Liberty fabric and echos the shape of the fascinator. The fascinator is a teardrop style felt base covered in pleated liberty tana lawn print then hand stitched. The peacock feathers were trimmed to size and placed in each pleat.... hmmm now i just need another excuse to wear my beaded peacock jacket.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh lovely! I am a bit superstitious about Peacock feathers, but this is BEAUT! I love that Liberty fabric so much! Gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's the first time I've used actual peacock feather, the print is one of my faves and it comes in so many gorgeous colour ways - addicted oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea and has inspired me to make something similar for my sister's birthday. Did you but the teardrop base?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teardrop bases are a gorgeous shape and easy to get hold of I got my felt one from an ebay shop but SquirlGirl is a fab shop for all sorts of millinery goodness, http://www.etsy.com/shop/squirlgirl also on Folksy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. billiant thanks, I'll check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.