Monday, 23 August 2010

Excuse me where is my needle?

Surely I can't be the only person but I'm always misplacing my needle between colour changes and sticking them in my clothes as i loose them in deep pin cushions, and not sure where else it drives me potty and wastes lots of time... so I made me this as a solution! A hand stitched quilted brooch hurrah! 8cm x 7cm its a bit of a beauty not to be easily missed and densely padded, pleated to show the printed bobbin and the bear the guardian of the HUGE golden scissors. The vintage style scissors charm are brilliant I was beyond excited when I found these, 6cm if only they moved they'd be a dream come true. The Liberty fabric is by Grayson Perry, fabulously quirky the colours zing.








I am so hoping I will spend less time looking for my needles now, and not too much time talking to Mr bear.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo what a good idea! I love your needle brooch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nat! and so far no lost needles so its working. (Russell was bored of helping me look for them)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.