Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Danced By The Light Of The Moon : Love Token Pendant







Danced By The Light Of The Moon : Double Love Token Pendant
Hand stitched liberty fabrics, leather backed pendant.


I enjoy coming up with new product designs but I especially love the challenge of a custom make. Designing something with someone in mind or the challenge of a specific brief and changing things to please. This particular project was really exciting as I was given quite a bit of freedom and able to try out some new pendant designs. I wanted to make a statement piece of two intertwining hearts. The first draft of the design involved a swallow but in discussions with the client I worked an owl into the design which works perfectly, the birthday girl for which it was being made is a fan of owls. The design with the boats and the owl made me think of 'The Owl and the Pussy Cat', placing the owl in the clock as if it were the moon, and the green colouring of the boats. The romantic link of the hearts and the fun nature of the poem appealed and inspired the title 'Danced By The Light Of The Moon'.


2 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully.Love the owl on the clock face and the intertwining hearts work really well.
    I'm sure the birthday girl will be delighted!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.