Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Butttons Sewn and Sent




I've been working on a set of covered buttons as part of an embroidered button swap organised by Feeling Stitchy. My swap partner lives in Australia so I was inspired by British Spring time colours, our love of lazy summer camping although we never seem to have the weather for it, woodland wildlife and my favourite little bird Mr Blue Tit. The scale of the buttons are all different Mr Blue being the largest at 4cm. They have now been sent on their holiday with other crafty treats and i was very tempted to hop in the package myself!

13 comments:

  1. aww these are fantastic, i love it when people spend (seemingly) way to much time on the little details. its so wonderful, it shows so much patience and skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love those buttons so much! Especially Mr Blue Tit! I think I would be tempted to hop in the parcel too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I do fall into the category of spending far too much time on little details, it pleases me so. This was my first adventure into covered buttons, I think I need to make another Mr Blue he was the most fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo these are just gorgeous!! i love them. im sure youe swop partner will be delighted!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Sami! Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're amazing! I love the bird one especially. Spending much too much time on the little details is my motto too. Not v good for making ££ but so good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so amazingly pretty! i love the bird and the camping scene in particular. lovely!!! i want them all! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i lurve these buttons so detailed so pretty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh, these little buttons are exquisite. i really love the camping one and the blue tit one. they're really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I absolutely love these, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! i would be more than delighted to receive those!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.