Friday, 26 February 2010

Tagged!


Ok so I'm not usually very good at this sort of thing, but the fact it involves delving into the depths of my photo albums caught my attention, I wondered what I might find. I was tagged by the fabulous Lee May Foster whose delightful creativeness is a pleasure to behold, take a look at her treasure trove of goodies that is Bonbi Forest you won't be disappointed.

The rules of the game are, 1: open your first photo folder, 2: scroll to the 10th photo, 3: post the story behind it, 4: tag 5 or more people to continue the thread.
So here is my photo...

A strange one in terms of photos, but a nice teasemade story. It's a close up shot of my armchair that I had newly upholstered with Laura Ashley fabric 2005 I think, my first ever attempt just loose cover upholstery, I unpicked the original covers and made the pattern from that. I've had this armchair 8 years it was given to me by my sister, its seen many a home in London and even had a visit to Suffolk, and is where most of the teasemade magic happens, it is so comfy. It really does need a new cover now but I love it so, maybe I'll just start patching it up and it will become a piece of work in itself. I'm not sure if my love for grey gingham came before or after the armchair, all I know now is that its all rolled into one, me happy sat sewing in my armchair surrounded by a grey gingham hug.

I am tagging...


A rare action shot of me in my armchair, 2009.
The Gingham Chair of Wonder in all its glory, 2005.

3 comments:

  1. That's a cool chair.

    I'm liking this tagging game so i'll do mine when I get from the weekend.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea. Glad I wasn't tagged though - managed to delete 7yrs worth of our photos from the hard drive last week so am officially photoless. Miss C was not best pleased. ooops.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.